Read this one sheet on the EB-1 application process here.
Our online ARTIST GREEN CARD guides give you a comprehensive step-by-step outline of all the elements of the EB1-EA Green Card application process, also included are examples of possible evidentiary items in all criteria to DIY/self-file your application or focus and speed your application when working with an immigration attorney. Successfully helping artists since 2015.
Not necessary to have an O-1 previously
No need for a sponsor
You have the choice to self-file or use an attorney
Your family can accompany you on full green cards
This is a full green card with no employer/employee restrictions
EB1 Guide includes:
- Application Strategy
- Each criteria broken down for evidence
- Sample paragraphs for each criteria
- Two Full Self Petitioner Letter/Cover Letter Samples
- Several Sample Recommendation Letters
- Analyses of the Filing Forms
- Concurrent filing
- Break down of Request for Evidence
- Actual USCIS denial cases
- Updated with newest legislation
- 24/7 Access
- SSL Secure
Use a valid email address when purchasing for instant login details to our SSL secure members site for 24/7 access.
Your information will always be kept confidential.
This is a complete guide from evidence building to approval with approximately 130+ pages of information.
We accept crypto – email us [artist]@greencard.guide
Look wat arrived on Friday! MY GORGEOUS GREENCARD!! Thanks to u and Kevin! Here is a night out at the theater to say a huge thanks to both u and Kevin for this incredible guidance. – Los Angeles
Thank you for sharing all the wisdom you acquired as trailblazers on this path, and thank you for your steady support and encouragement throughout… Once again, thank you so much for providing the means for me to make this happen for myself.– January, 2022
I had 2 previous EB1 rejections using an expensive immigration attorney, $8000 a pop, and I was very reluctant to even attempt a 3rd case and I really didn’t have the money to use an attorney again. Filing my own case seemed ridiculous but Kevin and Rachel’s guide made me see that it really isn’t.… Read More »Mr M (UK)
Here is a brief break down of each section.
The Strategy – Planning your application.
This first section has everything you need to know about how the EB1-EA works, what all is involved, and when each step takes place. We give you a strong overview of the whole process so that you are ready to begin your application with a clear view of the finish line.
- The EB1-EA – What is it exactly? Who is it for?
- Do I qualify? – How to assess your chances.
- To Self-File, Or Not To Self-File – Applying with or without an attorney.
- Timeline – How long is the process? What to file when.
- Precautions – Some things to avoid.
Your application requires that you back up your petition letter with evidence. We explain each of the ten criteria and how they relate to you as an artist, as well as explain the interpretations that USCIS examiners might not accept.
With examples in every section of strong and compelling evidence we show how you can further prove your intent to continue working in your field as well as proving your benefit to the USA.
- Strong Evidence – What makes compelling proof?
- Weak Evidence – How to anger your examiner!
- How Much? – Compelling without overloading?
- Presentation – Highlighting, Numbering & Binding.
Exploratory investigations into the USCIS Criteria and how they pertain to the arts:
- Lesser Awards – You got the award, where’s the proof?
- Memberships in Associations – Qualifying the association
- Published Material – The publication, the article, and you
- Judge of Others – Your extraordinary opinion
- Original Contributions – What is original and what is significant?
- Scholarly Articles – When is an article scholarly?
- Artistic Exhibitions – Proving artistic relevance
- Leading or Critical Roles – The significance of your role
- High Salary – Your salary may be more impressive than you think
- Commercial Success – Receipts and sales
If you need more clarification on what extraordinary ability means within the USCIS regulations read here.
We believe that a well worded Recommendation Letter can win your case. We show you how to strengthen them with examples and how to tailor these letters to each category. Deal Memos and Letters of Intent prove you will continue to work – we show you how.
This section STEP ONE also relates to those artists faced with an RFE. When you are asked by your attorney to “get more stuff” this is the section that you need.
Our STEP ONE gives you the right start to build a strong EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Artist case.
The Petition Letter – Tying it all together
In STEP TWO we show you how to compile your cover letter – if you are using an attorney, this is what you are paying them to do for you. We deconstruct the formatting and wording of the letter to best present your case. The letter is a formula and we decode it all out for you. You might have heard of the Kazarian v. USCIS, 580 F.3d 1030, 1036 (9th Cir. 2009) Case? No? Don’t worry we have, and we explain the findings to help you utilize them to build the compelling case that the examiner needs. We have TWO petition letters for you to use as a basis for yours. It’s a simple as “filling in the blanks.”
- Making life easy for your examiner.
- Opening Statements – How to lead in, catch their attention, and suppress their doubts.
- One criterion at a time – How to present your case and weave it together. Choosing the phraseology that will connect you with your examiner. Sample letter segment for each criteria referencing the evidence samples from STEP ONE.
- Getting the most out of those recommendation letters.
- Comparative Evidence – Petitioning with evidence that does not fall under the 10 criteria.
- Closing Statements – How to wrap up, summarize, and seal the deal.
- 2 Sample Petition Letters
Ready to File – Qualifying as Extraordinary
When you are READY TO FILE you move on to our STEP THREE – The Form Filing section.
All the forms you are required to file as part of your application to QUALIFY as an Extraordinary Artist are broken down in this section. This step of being approved as an Artist of Extraordinary Ability is what makes you eligible to apply for the actual green card – once eligible, getting the green card is another application – explained in STEP FOUR. The US government website has excellent advice here.
The forms necessary for this section of the application:
- I-140 – Qualifying as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability
- G-1145 – SMS and Email notification form
- I-907 – Request for Premium Processing
All USCIS Forms are available free here.
In this section we also explain CONCURRENT FILING and how this might be a good option for you.
You are Eligible! – Applying for the Green Card
Great news! You have qualified as an Extraordinary Artist and are eligible to apply! In STEP FOUR we detail the next essential items in the process.
The forms for the actual green card:
- I-485 – Adjustment of Status (for those already in the USA)
- G-325a – Biographic Information
If applying from abroad we lead you to America with our in-depth guide on Consular Processing.
If you are currently in the USA we guide you on the Combo Temporary Green Card and Travel Papers applications:
- I-131 – Advanced Parole (travel permit)
- I-765 – Employment Authorization Document (temp green card)
We break down:
- Premium Processing – Know in 15 days.
- Medical Examination – Vaccinations etc
- Biometrics – Where, what and when.
- Bringing your spouse and children/dependents
The USCIS decision
APPROVED! Fantastic news – CONGRATULATIONS! We lead you through essential next steps.
Request for Evidence -Perhaps you missed an essential document, filed with an attorney that didn’t file a compelling case or perhaps the USCIS just needs more evidence. We rip apart the RFE so you can respond with confidence.
- RFE – How to approach the beast.
- Sample RFE Break down
- USCIS notes – Their questions and how you can argue your case.
- New Evidence – How to compile the proof.
- New Cover Letter – How to tie it together again.
DENIED – Notice of Intent to Deny. You can argue their decision.
APPROVED – YAY! We lead you through what’s next…
We supply a list of downloadable documents.
- Forms & Fees
- USCIS Cases
And even more…
Because we want you to succeed!
We want you to be extraordinary so we have included bonus information on how you can strengthen your career with a legitimate paper-trail. To succeed in an all paper application you need strong paper evidence, we show you how to build your portfolio.
- Press Releases – How to write them and where to send them.
- 8 Goal Setting Techniques
- Marketing Materials – How to publicize and market your work.
- Webinar – What is extraordinary and how do I prove it.
- Your Career Online – Yes, they will google you!
We accept crypto – email us [artist]@greencard.guide
Is this for really real? YES! Read our Testimonials.
The EB1-EA is the Employment Based 1st Preference Green Card for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, with sustained national or international acclaim, covering individuals of extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or athletics. Often called the genius green card, it has a few different names all designed to scare you off applying, to make you doubt your extraordinariness and believe that it’s impossible to get. We have all heard the rumors – it can’t be gotten, it’s impossible, they only give them to Oscar/Grammy/Pulitzer or Nobel Prize winners… We’ve heard it all ourselves – we have even been told all these things while standing there with our green cards in our hands – but there are no golden statues on our mantle!
The EB1-EA artist green card is neither fairy tale, nor myth, nor is it impossible to get. It is a paper application, designed to allow you prove your eligibility to live and work in the United States, to create art and benefit its people and culture. The criteria are designed to have you prove your sustained acclaim through various external means, including reviews, testimonials, lesser awards, membership or critical roles in outstanding organizations, exhibition in highly regarded venues, and commercial success. Within our guide we detail how to present your evidence, how to word your explanatory cover letter, and give many examples of what makes for strong and compelling proof.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
Download as a PDF to read later!
If you are not ready yet sign up here to be kept updated –
US visas for foreign artists, US artist green card, greencard, uscis, permanent residence, British, Irish, Australian, green card process, green card requirements, usa green card process, green card application, immigration attorney, artist visa, O1 extension, how to work in US as an actor, filmmaker green card, musicians green card, actor green card, green card application, us green card requirements, foreign actor new york, foreign actor los angeles, international, canadian, M visa, P visa, us work visas for actors, immigration tips, us artist work visa, makeup artist, extraordinary artist, green card interview questions, usa green card process, us visa application form, artist visa usa, o1 visa usa, working visa usa, artist green card in America, self petition green card as an artist, how do i get my artist visa usa, voice over actor, photographer, recommendation letter sample, reference letter, testimonial letter, spouse, artist visa usa requirements, visabot, visa usa, extraordinary ability green card diy, artist o1 to eb1 diy, Our comprehensive step-by-step guides will show you how to file your US Artist Green Card or O1 Visa – self-file or work with an attorney.